[Malaya Quest] Bakonawa Extermination
From those jeepneys and traditional/native clothing of the NPCs to having its own Rizal Monument, Port Malaya is definitely the virtual representation of the Philippines. In line with that, it has incorporated different Filipino Mythological creatures as MVP monsters one which is the Bakonawa.
Trivia: Bakonawa is a dragon in Philippine Mythology that is often represented as a gigantic sea serpent which is believed to be the cause of eclipses, and he is right over there above.
Just like the other Malaya quests, this is another talk to the NPC-hit-enter-all-the-way quest. Be sure to check out the tips before proceeding with the quest.
Complete the Cautious Village Quest first.
Hunt for 17 Lost Belongings. These are dropped by Tiyanak (5.00%) non -trade and not storageable.
- He is undecided whether to fight Bakonawa or to calm it by sacrificing a gift because of it's threat.
- He heard that the belongings of the missing people are found at Baryo Mahiwaga.
- He tells the you that Tiyanaks carries those belongings and asks the you to retrieve 2 Lost Belongings from Tiyanak and take them to the Missing Person's Father.
Refer to the pic below for the NPCs that you need to talk to in steps 2-5.
2. Speak with the Missing Person's Father (malaya 270, 267) and he tells the player that the lost belongings belong tot . He then asks the player to get 7 Lost Belongings and bring them to the Missing Person's Friend.
3. Bring them to the Missing Person's Friend (malaya 266, 274) and he tells you that those are the marbles and toys he gave him and asks where is his friend. He asks you to get 3 Lost Belongings and deliver them to the Missing Person's Son.
4. Deliver the lost belongings to the Missing Person's Son (malaya 269, 278) and he tells you that is his father's clothes and shoes. He asks you to bring 5 Lost Belonging to the Missing Person's Mother.
- He tells you to get rid of it by yourselves. However, it seems that it could be no longer possible to handle rituals to calm the Bakonawa.
- He tells the you that the Young Fortune Teller seeks for their help.
- He will give you 5 Inside-Out Shirts.
7. Speak with the Young Fortune Teller (malaya 289, 364).
- She tells you that the energy of the moon is growing weaker the past days and that is the reason why evil spirits are increasing in numbers.
- She tells you that she is holding a ritual to restore the moon's energy.
- To be able to that, she needs to sacrifice a monster's blood. She asks you to hunt 15 Tikbalang.
10. After setting all the traps you decide to return to the Village Chief. He thanks and rewards you with 7 Lesser Agimats, EXP & Job EXP.
- Defeating Bakonawa -
Once you enter the instance, do not leave as the NPC will not let you go back.
Yggdrasil Berries and Yggdrasil Seeds are not allowed in the instance. Bring lots of Cero.
Bring a mace with Doppel Cards (as long as you reach 193 ASPD) as you will need this to kill the 2 gongs and 2 cauldrons which takes 1 damage only and has 200 HP.
There are some players who recommend using Sidewinder card for Double Attack. However based from my experience, I use Stormy Knight Card for the autocast Storm Gust as it sometimes freezes the invisible enemy.
Bring unfrozen Armors and Strong Shield to prevent freeze status and knock back from the AoE spells.
Do not use @return upon finishing the quest (breaking the treasure box) as you need to talk to the NPC again for your reward.
CD of the instance was originally 7 days, but was changed to 1 day.
Edited by Shei, 02 July 2017 - 02:39 PM.